Taskforce on full implementation of the constitution of Kenya to facilitate voting by the Diaspora in general elections & referenda
The Government appointed a Taskforce in February 2015 to advise on facilitation of voting by the Kenyan Diaspora in line with the Constitution. Through this commission, the Government is currently putting in place the necessary framework to enable the Diaspora to fully participate in future general elections.
The mandate of the Taskforce is to:
- Advise on profiling of Kenyans living abroad and eligible to vote
- Establish the extent to which Kenyans living abroad can progressively participate in General Elections and Referenda.
- Advise on possible registration and polling centers for Kenyans living abroad.
- Advise on modalities for sensitizing Kenyans living abroad on Voting: and
- Advise on any other matter incidental.
Diasporans are encouraged to send their written submissions to email@example.com. Sending your views will ensure that the voice of the Diaspora is considered in the preparation of the final report, which will guide policy and future legislative changes.
In addition to the above, Kindly visit and participate in the IEBC mapping tool which is available through the following link: http://www.iebc.or.ke/diaspora/